Seamlessly manage your work and personal life with the Motorola FLIPSIDE for AT&T, which combines the power of the Android 2.1 platform and the latest version of MOTOBLUR--Motorola's exclusive smartphone experience. It features a spacious slide-out QWERTY keyboard and a 3.1-inch touchscreen display. Additionally, a laptop-like track pad provides an alternative way to navigate with one hand while keeping your fingers off the screen.
The FLIPSIDE features a full slide-out QWERTY keypad and s 3.1-inch high-res display with pinch-to-zoom gesturing.
With integrated Google technology, the Motorola FLIPSIDE brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. Stay connected to work with full push corporate e-mail, support for Microsoft Exchange, unified inbox and enhanced features for IT compliance like remote wipe and password enforcement. It also offers easy access to Gmail personal e-mail, calendars, and contacts. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
A hot-swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot provides additional storage for multimedia files and archiving applications, with a 2 GB memory card included and support for optional 32 GB cards. And with its Wireless-N Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11b/g/n), the FLIPSIDE will receive AT&T Wi-Fi access at U.S. hotspots (with more than 20,000 U.S. hotspots) included as part of an unlimited data plan. Other features include a 3-megapixel fixed-focus camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to popular instant messaging services, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
MOTOBLUR is Motorola's exclusive experience that syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more--from your favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm--and automatically delivers them to the home screen. MOTOBLUR can locate or remotely wipe lost or stolen devices, MOTOBLUR can also automatically restore a user's contacts, log-in information, home screen customizations and e-mail with one username and password. The new and enhanced MOTOBLUR functionality and features include:
- Filter social networking and Messages widgets: Filter by social networking account, by contact(s) or by contact group to only see the information you want.
- Screen customization: Move and resize preloaded widgets on up to seven home screens
- Battery Manager: Manage battery consumption by operating in one of three performance modes
- Personal and Corporate e-mail pushed directly to the device
- Improved social networking functionality: Retweet, like Facebook comments, and more
A laptop-like track pad provides an alternative way to navigate with one hand while keeping your fingers off the screen.
Capture photos and videos on the go with the 3-megapixel camera/camcorder.
Loud and Clear with CrystalTalk PLUS
When you have a conversation using CrystalTalk PLUS, your point comes across clearly. The exclusive Motorola microphone-and-speaker configuration amplifies your voice while it filters out background noise. The addition of a second microphone in CrystalTalk PLUS creates even more resonant voice quality while still providing a superior level of noise filtering. And with Audio Profiles (which match your hearing profile to the phone's audio output) and Noise Adaptive Ringtones (which adjust ring volume based on your environment), you don't have to miss a call or a conversation.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Powered by the Android 2.1 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and corporate and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications.
- Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps with MOTOBLUR as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa, and Photobucket.
- Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts.
- CrystalTalk PLUS for enhanced audio and call quality with a second microphone for increased voice quality while filtering out background noise.
- 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- 3.1-megapixel autofocus camera with video capture capabilities (26-30 fps)
- Kodak Perfect Touch technology for better, brighter pictures
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3, AAC, and WMA (v9) music formats and MPEG4 and H.264 video formats.
- FM radio
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail)
- HTML Web browser (WebKit-based) with Flash Lite support enables uncompromised browsing of expressive applications, content and video.
- USB connectivity (MicroUSB)
- Organizer tools including calendar (sync corporate calendar, e-mail, and contact list), alarm clock, calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- 3.5mm headset jack
The Motorola FLIPSIDE weighs 5.1 ounces and measures 4.3 x 2.2 x 0.59 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 372 hours (15.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).