Exclusive to AT&T, the 3G-enabled, Android-powered HTC Status is the first phone in the U.S. with a dedicated Facebook share button, which makes sharing content on Facebook quick and simple. Update your status, post to a friend's wall, post a photo or video, and share a web site or information on the song you are listening to--all with a click of a button. It is also context aware and lights up when there is an activity to share.
Dedicated Facebook share button makes sharing content quick and simple.
Marked by a stylish uni-body design, the Status also features a 2.6-inch touchscreen display and an integrated full QWERTY keyboard for fast status updates and messaging. A customizable lock screen that lets you open your favorite application quickly when you unlock the screen.Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan).
The Status sports a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and LED flash as well as a VGA front-facing camera for self portraits and video chats. Other features include an 800 MHz processor, ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, microSD memory expansion via optional cards up to 32 GB in size (2 GB card included), full HTML web browser, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
One-Touch Facebook Sharing
With additional enhanced social networking integration through HTC Sense, the HTC Status surfaces Facebook information everywhere, from the dialer to the calendar and photo gallery. It also offers unique social networking apps and widgets like Friend Stream, Friend Channel, and Facebook Chat that take the experience even further.
The Facebook share button allows you to:
- Post instantly on your wall or a friend's wall by pressing the Facebook share button from your home screen.
- Take a picture or shoot a video and share it instantly with a press of the Facebook share button. You can also post multiple pictures at one time and label and tag them before posting, or even post photos automatically as you're taking them.
- The Facebook chat application lets you maintain your chat conversations, even when you navigate away to take a call, browse the Web, or play a game. And it shows who is available to chat and allows you to initiate a conversation with just a tap.
- Check in to Facebook Places by pressing and holding the Facebook share button from the home screen.
- Share something cool on the Web with a quick press of the Facebook share button.
- Let your friends in on the music you love with the push of a button by pressing the Facebook share button to post the song title and other details.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G cellular connection via Wi-Fi (requires appropriate data plan).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services (and access to optional AT&T Navigator turn-by-turn direction service)
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 800 MHz processor
- 2.6-inch multi-touch display (capacitive; 480 x 320 pixels) with scratch-resistant glass
- Integrated full QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port (2.0) with mass storage capabilities
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Removable battery
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 512 MB internal memory (110 MB user accessible)
- 512 MB RAM
- 5-megapixel rear camera with auto focus, LED flash and digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- VGA front-facing camera for self portraits and video chat
- Music player with background playback; compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+ formats.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263 formats.
- Voice recognition capabilities
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
The HTC Status weighs 4.32 ounces and measures 4.49 x 2.49 x 0.42 inches. Its 1250 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.5 hours of talk time, and up to 640 hours (26.6 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The HTC Status runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The HTC Status also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.